Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fainting Goats and Other Things


As promised, the Fainting Goats(just in case it is one of those days and you need a laugh):

I wanted to share a song that has been particularly encouraging to me within the past year. It is called Endless Years. It's pretty simple; just a few lines with mostly instrumentation. BUT it is powerful! When I listen, I like to imagine The Lord singing it over me. 

" I will hold you child when all is lost, when the work is done, when the song has been sung. You will be with me through endless years. We will dance and sing when your heart is fulfilled. So don't you close your eyes. Don't you lose your way. Don't you miss all the gifts that are unforeseen. I'm your Anchor and Shield. I'm the wind in your sails. I'm the song in your heart, the God who saves."

The command not to "miss all the gifts that are unforeseen" has really struck a chord with me lately. So often I feel I am too concerned with my personal "bubble" and the happenings of my life to consider how The Lord is working(whether that be in my life or in the lives of those around me). His plan is good, pleasing and perfect (Romans 12:2). Sometimes my world seems to be spinning so quickly that I don't take the time to consider all of His gifts and the unforeseen aspects of His divine plan. The "Negative Nancy" in me too soon rears her ugly head, and I am left focusing on what I consider are the more unappealing aspects of my life rather than the bounty of blessings I have received by His tender hand. He is wisely leading all the time, and longing that we always lay our problems at his feet. How encouraging to know that when we do, we will not be rejected, but instead embraced (Matthew 11:28-30). In the chaos, in the confusion, in the wandering hours and especially in the pain, God is working. May we stop long enough to take a breath or two, and remember this faithful Savior. 


No comments:

Post a Comment